Parental involvement is crucial to student success. When parents/guardians engage in their child’s education, there is a direct correlation between their academic performance, personal well-being, self-esteem and attitude about learning.
Grace Academy requires all parent(s)/guardian(s) participate in all areas of school life, including, but not limited to the following Five (5) Pillars of Participation:
1. Attendance at Parent-Teacher meetings (every marking period)
2. Parent Council meetings (held every other month)
3. Cleanup and/or Volunteer Hours (cleaning, monitoring, chaperoning, etc.)
4. Lunch for teachers (4 times a year)
5. Participation in, and fundraising for, parent directed projects
Grace Academy’s Parent Council is a volunteer organization which includes parents, guardians and family members of our students. The mission of the Parent Council is to organize programs and activities that support Grace Academy’s mission and to enhance the spirit of community between parents, families, students, educators, administration and board members.
Parent Council meetings take place throughout the year during the evenings and are open to all. It is important that every student at Grace Academy be represented by a family member.