THE 2020 POWER OF GRACE
Grace Academy is a tuition-free school that relies entirely on private donations to sustain our vision and keep our doors open. Your gift allows us to provide education and support to one of Hartford’s most vulnerable populations.
Funds raised during the annual Power of Grace Benefit is crucial as it supports over 1/3 of the school’s annual budget. Unfortunately, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, our May 6th benefit has been cancelled. Instead we are launching a virtual fundraising campaign from now through June 30th.
We are asking this wonderful community to make donations and continue to support us even without our annual benefit. Please consider matching your donation from last year or giving for the first time. Please make your donation today. Any amount will help!
Online Donations thru PayPal:
Online Donations thru Facebook (no fees):
Donations by Check:
• Payable to: Grace Academy
• Mail to:
Attn: Matt Fitzsimons
277 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06106
As of May 15, 2020
• Fundraising Goal: $450,000
• Donations Received: $427,196
• Percentage to Goal: 95%
Each month during our virtual fundraising campaign, we will be sharing the good news of Grace Academy through our “Grace Notes.” We want you to see how your donations are put to work each month and the impact you are personally making on breaking the cycle of urban poverty for girls in Hartford.
May 2020 VIDEO: "Virtual Power of Grace"
MAY 2020 GRACE NOTES
• Click to view the program for our Virtual Power of Grace Benefit.
• Grace Academy opened its doors as a new tuition-free middle school for girls in Hartford in 2010 with the mission to transform lives through education. For 10 years, we have educated and supported girls from 5th grade through college and could not be prouder of their accomplishments.
• Grace Academy’s signature fundraising event, The Power of Grace, was established in 2013 to celebrate the first eighth grade graduating class. That year, we raised $75,000.
• Last year, the 7th annual Power of Grace had over 400 supporters in attendance and raised over $412,000, a remarkable 92% of the proceeds going directly back to the school!
• For 2020, we had planned an even bigger event at the Hartford Marriott Downtown to celebrate Grace Academy’s 10th anniversary and had set our fundraising goal at $450,000.
• Though we are disappointed we can’t be together on May 6th due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, we are so happy you are a part of our virtual fundraiser. Now more than ever, we are grateful for our amazing sponsors and supporters who have ensured the success of Grace Academy!
Would you like to learn more, please click on our Frequently Asked Questions document. Grace Academy is an IRS recognized 501(c )(3) charity organization and our ID number is 27-1673012. For additional information contact:
Matthew Fitzsimons, Head of School