THE 2020 POWER OF GRACE
Grace Academy is a tuition-free school that relies entirely on private donations to sustain our vision and keep our doors open. Your gift allows us to provide education and support to one of Hartford’s most vulnerable populations.
Funds raised during the annual Power of Grace Benefit is crucial as it supports over 1/3 of the school’s annual budget. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus our May 6th benefit has been cancelled. Instead we are launching a virtual fundraising campaign from now through June 30th.
We are asking this wonderful community to make donations and continue to support us even without our annual benefit. Please consider matching your donation from last year or giving for the first time.
Please make your donation today. Any amount will help!
Donations by Check:
• Payable to: Grace Academy
• Mail to:
Attn: Matt Fitzsimons
277 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06106
As of March 31, 2020
• Fundraising Goal: $450,000
• Donations Received: $132,400
• Percentage to Goal: 29%
Each month during our virtual fundraising campaign, we will be sharing the good news of Grace Academy through our “Grace Notes.” We want you to see how your donations are put to work each month and the impact you are personally making on breaking the cycle of urban poverty for girls in Hartford.
APRIL 2020 VIDEO: "Not a Single Day Missed"
APRIL 2020 GRACE NOTES
• We had prepared for an impending school closing in early March.
• On March 13, every student was provided with WIFI capability, a Chromebook, textbooks, library books, and worksheets to take home.
• Starting March 16, students connect daily with their core subject teachers through Zoom Meetings and Google Classroom.
• As a way to build community, students must also post a one-minute video through FlipGrid in response to the daily prompt, such as: What book are you reading for enjoyment, Share a funny joke, What do you do for exercise?
• Additionally, a food pantry has been set-up and stocked to ensure all Grace families have enough to eat during this crisis. For our girls to learn, we must ensure their basic needs are met.
• Without our generous donors, our rapid response to this crisis would not have been possible! Our girls did not miss a single day of school and seamlessly went into remote learning.
Would you like to learn more, please click on our Frequently Asked Questions document. Grace Academy is an IRS recognized 501(c )(3) charity organization and our ID number is 27-1673012. For additional information contact:
Matt Fitzsimons, Head of School